Apple says it is investigating the incident.
A teenager in the US uploaded a video of what seems to an iPhone 7 Plus emitting smoke that was hot enough to melt its plastic casing. The video was posted on Twitter and has gone viral, being retweeted thousands of times.
While Apple hasn’t released a statement on the issue, they briefly mentioned that they will be looking into the affected device. It shouldn’t be a cause of concern, but it’s hard not to consider the recent problems faced by Samsung on the Galaxy Note 7’s exploding batteries.
Check out the video below:
So my IPhone 7 plus blew up this morning was not even using it, literally no explanation for this pic.twitter.com/sQ8CJt4Y69
— Bree (@briannaolivas_) February 23, 2017